Delhi-based quintet Kraken deliver atmospheric track “Khan Market Gang,” which brings wide-ranging genres such as rock, hip-hop, dance, folk and electronic together with Bhangra sensibilities and mix of traditional Indian instrumentation for a culturally-nuanced and eclectic sonic experience.
The track encapsulates the love they hold for their hometown Delhi, highlighting the band’s experience in the fast-paced yet lonely city, their intricate fusion of soundscapes and genres making for a perfect representation of their city, which is home to a melting pot of different people, cultures, identities and thoughts.
Taken from their upcoming EP Club Namaste, which delves into the journey of the band in a society which doesn’t always recognise the value of music, “ Khan Market Gang,” showcases Kraken’s ability to craft stories that are deeply personal yet resonate with the wider world.
Honest and innovative, dreamers with narratives grounded in reality, Kraken have risen quickly but steadily from going viral with their debut single “Dance Jane Dance,” to their debut EP LUSHin 2017.
With a perfect balance of celebrating their Indian roots while also breaking down the confines of genre, this band of five continues to go from strength to strength, with much more to come.
Connect with Kraken : Instagram
And Now A Word From Our Sponsors
- Tiger Sex. Punk Rock Done Right.
- Indian genre-bending act Kraken drop atmospheric track “Khan Market Gang”
- Dylan Osiris teams with Mal-J on spiritual hip-hop banger KINGDOMS
- Samanta Liza shares new project, titled ‘DAYS OF E.N.D.’
- Voidie shares new visual for hyperpop anthem “pushing daisies”
- Support Music. Shop At The Merch Booth.